Salam and hi,
In this entry I would like to tell you a How-to or tutorial on how to make kimchi, a Korean popular side dish. This is also in line with FE students' project SHOW & TELL. Now, I would like to tell you the ingredients needed to make a delicious kimchi. I will also explain how to prepare it step-by-step with pictures.
- 2 whole Cabbage
- 1 cup of salt
- 8 cups of water
- 7 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 1/4 cup of crushed red pepper
- 8 Pieces of green onion or onion leaves
- 1/2 of radish
- 1/2 of carrot
- 1 whole garlic
- 3 inches of ginger
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1/2 of an apple
- 1/2 of an China Pear
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- Korean chilli flakes or powder
- Corn flour
1. Slice Napa or Chinese cabbage into bite size pieces and put into a large bowl.
2. Mix water and salt together and pour over cabbage.
3. Let the cabbage soaked for 3 - 5 hours.
4. Mix the corn flour in plain water and heat it on slow fire.
5. Pour the chilli flake or powder onto the corn flour mixture. Mix them together.
6. Blend together the garlic, onion, apple, pear, and ginger together. Puree them.
6. Julienne the radish and carrot and thinly slice the green onions or onion leaves. Put them in a bowl.
7. After 3 - 5 hours, rinse the cabbage in cold water for about 3 times.
8. Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. (Please use rubber gloves )
9. Store the kimchi in room temperature for a night or two and keep it in the refrigerator covered.
Now, what is your Show & Tell project?